Thursday, January 7, 2016

Goals for 2016.....

Hey Peeps!

I didn't really know what to post about this evening so I have decided I need to set some goals.

We booked our summer holiday this week and one goal that defiantly springs to mind is to look better for this holiday! Every previous holiday I have felt so uncomfortable on. Sitting by the pool in a swim suit feeling like everyone is looking at you because of your weight can really get you down. I've had this feeling on every sun holiday the only way I've got over it is to stay in the pool. I don't want to have this horrible feeling in the back of my mind when I am meant to be enjoying myself. So if I look better I might feel better and in turn enjoy my holiday that little bit more. I'm sure most women and men have felt like this at some stage in their lives if they are carrying a tad more weight than normal or if they have always battled with their weight like myself. Im not going to post a pic of e pool side as no-one wants to see that! Seeing as its Throwback Thursday ill post another pic of me in the past.

Me going to my Debs in 2007 at my heaviest weight just touching 17stone


 Goal 1: Lose weight
I'm not going to over exaggerate the amount of weight I want to lose but make it achievable and take it week by week. Slow and steady wins the race.
I will be happy losing 1lb a week any more will be a bonus.



Goal 2: Do the Frank Duffy 10 mile
I have been thinking about this for a couple of days now and I have decided I am going to do this race in Aug. I did three races in the Dublin race series last year and I know I can do them again with some training but the main goal will be to complete the Frank Duffy 10 mile in under 2hrs 15minutes.
My time for the Fingal 10km last year was 1hr 18minutes so I am hoping to better that time this year. The Frank Duffy is after the Fingal 10km in August this year.

Pictures from the Fingal 10km 2015 

Goal 3: Get fitter 
Obviously if I am going to be training I will ultimately improve my fitness. I am not only going to run but I will be attending a personal trainer once a week for one hour. Not only do I want to get fitter to run the 10 mile but also for my health and the fact that I am going back to he GAA team I joined last year. It took a lot for me to go and join the team last year I had said I was doing it for years and never did. I knew I was going to be the most unfit on the team and I also had a feeling I would be the oldest which it turns out I was. O'Dwyers Ladies Gaa team is my local team and we won our league last year. Our pre-season training this year is going to consist of an hour long gym session for 7weeks and one pitch session. All together I will be training /exercising three fours times a week. I will be having a rest period in between each day so I don't over do it.

Me pitch side earlier in the year

LGFA League medal

Anywhere there are my three goals set in stone now.

Today's meals were as follows:
Breakfast
Granola and yogurt 
1 Americano with slimline milk and 1 sweetener.

Lunch
Salmon fillet and salad consisting of:
lettuce,tomatoe,peppers,boiled egg, carrott,onion, low fat extra light mayo.

Dinner
Slimming world burger in a bowl and slimming world chips
This is my favorite meal and it is so tasty and easy to make. 

My dinner this evening

Recipe:
Ingredients

Low calorie cooking spray
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ iceberg lettuce, roughly shredded
8 gherkins, sliced
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped

For the SW super sauce

3 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
5 tbsp fat free fromage frais
1 level tbsp American-style mustard
2 tbsp tomato purée
2 tsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp garlic salt
¼ tsp onion granules
¼ tsp sweet smoked paprika

How to make:
Spray a large, heavy-based non-stick frying pan with Frylight and place over a high heat. Add the beef, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes or until the beef is cooked through and the onions have softened. Season well.

Meanwhile, put all the SW super sauce ingredients in a bowl with 4 tablespoons of water and whisk until well combined.

Mix together the lettuce, gherkins, onions and tomatoes and divide between four wide bowls.  Spoon the beef mixture 


World, Slimming. "Burger In A Bowl". Slimming World Website 2016. Web. 7 Jan. 2016.


Thats all folks :)
I hope you enjoyed this post!

Chow for now!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment