Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Blue Monday and hump day.....

Hey Peeps!




Happy hump day! Boy oh boy am I glad today I took a rest day.  I called for a catch up and a walk with my best friend Andy after work on Monday. He made me dinner which was gorgeous and also healthy. We did a 4/5km brisk walk. After our walk we went into Penny's as I wanted to check out the gym gear.  OMG in love!!!  The stuff they have is Fab roll on payday so I can get more. I bought two tops and two pair of cropped workout leggings in black and pink.


Pennys gym gear

I had my first strength and conditioning class with the girls from my gaa team in Platinum  Gym Balbriggan. It was an intense hour with our trainer who will be with us for the next eight weeks, Sinead.  We did two circuits of ten exercises four times and then an abs blast for the finisher.  I can honestly say I have never sweat like I did on Monday ever in my life.  You'd swear I got caught in a heavy rain shower, only for the fogged up glasses and tomato red face that gave it away U clearly had done some physical workout.  Not only was this class physical but it was mental, a few times I felt like giving up but I had to overcome this and power through which takes a hell of a lot when you can feel how tired your body is.

The class included the following:

Dead-lift 15kg
Squats
Wall sit
High knees
Power step knees
Plank 
Push ups
Mountain climbers
High plank alternating arms up/down on step
Lunge 
Squat jumps
Jumping jacks
Bridge 
Russian floating crunch 
Sit-ups with bar bell


I think there was more....  Just not coming to mind.

Food wise on Monday I had:
Breakfast - 3 Eggs 
Lunch - Chicken breast,salad and cous cous 
Dinner - Turkey stir-fry and veg with noodles.
 I also had 4ltrs of water.


So that was my blue Monday and as you can see it was not very blue apart from maybe my face during that Class gasping for a breath.


Tuesday 
Well the legs were a tad sore after the previous night's class but nothing major. I had another personal session with Keith today.  It was harder than usual because my muscles were exhausted. I found near the end of the class I was not able to lift a 10kg bar bell.  Where the week before I was lifting 25kg! 

We had a circuit training class this evening involving lots of legs and arm work. 
No class is ever the same with Keith which is what I love about training with him.


Warm up x2
Jumping jacks
High knees
Heel kicks
Squats


We then went into our first circuit and did this 3 times. 
1 leg box jump with 10kg Weight
10kg kettle bell swing
25kg deadlift
Trx squats
Bicep curl 10kg barbell
5kg Dumbbell boxing


Then we went into 30/40 seconds of
1 leg squat jumps three rounds.


Second circuit 3 rounds
10kg Kettle-bell lift with squat
Trx pull ups 
5kg dumbbell boxing over head 
10kg weight chest push


Finisher all arms with 5kg dumbbells x3
Arm extensions arms by sides
Over head alternating arm punch



I was done! 
Which brings us to today my rest day. A happy Annie!!


My food today was:
Breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled
Lunch -  2 chicken breast with salad and a bridal and chickpea soup. 
Dinner - steak, carrots, cabbage, sprouts
3ltrs of water today
1 coffee 
1 tea


That's all for now folks.
My bed is calling chow for now. 
Annie Mac
XxX



No comments:

Post a Comment