Sunday, January 10, 2016

Fighting temptation.....

Hey Peeps!

Another late post again.
Today was a really nice day! It was my friend Trish's birthday and I was invited to her 
afternoon tea to celebrate.
Now you may have noticed the name of today's blog post...
Today was exactly that!! I was fighting temptation from the very minute I walked in the 
door of my friends house. What a spread of scrumptious, mouthwatering, deliciousness that was 
before me:  eclairs, roulade, homemade scones, sandwiches, cakes, everything I cannot have.
It all looked so so girly and pretty.
There was also brown bread slices with smoked salmon so I stuck to those and they were 
so tasty.

Not having any of the sweet treats didn't bother me as I had my bran flakes before I left so I wasn't hungry. The one thing I would have loved was a glass of prosecco but as I said I resisted temptation :)
I settled in with a sparkling water in a wine glass so at least I felt like I was drinking and a part of the group.
I was in awe of the flowers that were around the house. Trish's sister is a florist and made all the miniature bouquets they were gorgeous!

Massive happy birthday to Trish & thanks so much for a
really nice day!


Trish & I above left and the beautiful flowers/spread of food



So I didn't get out for a walk today as I woke late and then was off out to the party.
I'll have to work even harder tomorrow so the plan is kettlebells and a workout or two from 
Vicky from Geordie Shore's DVD.

Two things I want to mention.
I really look after my skin. I pre-cleanse, cleanse, tone and moisturize every 
morning and evening.
Two things I picked up in Pennys this weekend were the Garnier Micellar extra-gentle cleansing wipes and a facial cleansing brush.
Now I know what your all saying NOOOOO don't use wipes! but let me finish. I always take 
my heavy makeup off  with Micellar water on an oval cotton pad. These wipes are just that but pre-packed for convenience! I never use these straight on my skin as I said it is pre-cleansing for taking my heavy makeup off.
After I have done this I cleanse with my cleansing lotion, when I seen this facial brush in Pennys for a bargain €1:50 I had to buy it.
I love it! My skin feels amazing after using it two days in a row.
It really gets your cleanser deeper, on one side there is a brush and the other is for massaging. I really recommend buying one of these. I know I am going to pick up more just to have them in the drawer.

Garnier Micellar Extra-Gentle Cleansing Wipes €2.30 and the facial 
cleansing brush €1.50 both available in Pennys .

So that's me done for the weekend not one drop of
alcohol has passed my lips :)


Chow for now!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment