Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer has arrived!!!

Wow!!!

What a weekend! 
I hope everyone got out and enjoyed the sun,
 it really was fab!Long may it continue!
Happy Monday everyone.

My weekend was pretty hectic to say the 
least but I still got a workout in. 
On Friday I had the taste of Dublin which is 
always a great day/night out. Smash hits 
were playing which is really the highlight of the event!
The weather held up too which made it even better. 

On Saturday after my workout I just chilled in the sun
like everyone else in the Ireland! 
We also went to a very impromptu
BBQ, It wasn't a late night as we were 
wreaked from the evening before and 
the beautiful heat.

So..  I stretched my workout as far as the
 outdoors on Saturday and did
it in sun in my back garden. It was roasting as 
I'm sure you know but I was not
in the mood to be indoors, in an empty
 gym looking out at the sunshine.

My workout:
I wanted to concentrate on arms, abs, back, lats and glutes.
I made my own HiiT workout up with the use of 
two 5KG kettle bells, an AB roller and an exercise ball.

The set consisted of:

15-20 reps on ab roller.
15-20 reps of Abdominal side bends with 5kg weight 
(above repeated on each side).
15-20 reps of back lifts (on exercise ball) this
 targets glutes, lat muscles and back.
15 - 20 reps stomach crunch (on exercise ball).
20 press-ups.
15-20 reps of kettlebell swings.
5 sprints of up/down back garden (cardio to get the heart rate up).

It took me about 30/40 minutes to do 
this workout, it was very hot which made it harder 
but I enjoyed the cold shower afterwards!
The next day I really felt it on my back and sides,
 even now on MondayI'm still a little tender. 
Not in a bad way in a good way. 
Which is great because I did not think it would 
do much so it obviously has. I am going to
 continue this once a week as its nice to 
step outside the gym walls
 into the fresh air and mix it up a bit.

This morning I decided to Jog to work from my bus on
the keys. I get off at the convention centre and usually
cycle from there up the canal to work. 
Yet again it was a warm one! I was hoping I
would get there in 20 minutes but that was even a struggle!
The journey is 3KM and it took me 29 minutes which 
lets be fair is not a great time! 
At least I did it, I'm working late tonight so
I won't get to go to the gym. 
 Something is better than nothing.

What have you done for your body today?
Get up and enjoy the weather 30/40 minutes you'll
feel great for it!

Thats all for now thanks for
reading!

Annie Mac
xXx




No comments:

Post a Comment